March 28, 2011

Our Creative Weekend

For some reason this weekend we all had the urge to be creative and get to those projects that we had been putting off. Ryan painted the furniture we had been meaning to get to, I painted some frames in hopes of re-doing our picture wall and sewed up some pillows, and Evan took up a new hobby of paining. It felt so good to see our house looking more like what we had originally pictured. So here are some before and after pictures to show you what we have been up to.


This particular piece of furniture has survived some pretty rough times. It managed to escape a small apartment full of four bachelors and more. Before...


After...


The barstool before...


After...



This little charmer ends up being my favorite. This nightstand was originally my moms, and then mine when I still lived at home and was almost thrown out several times. We started by adding bead board to the inside but it gets even better...


On a trip to get more spray paint Ryan discovered a spray paint color called "Heirloom White".
I AM IN LOVE!


After painting, distressing and adding a new knob it has made this ugly nightstand into one of my favorite pieces of furniture in our house. It has that old time charm that I have been looking for. Isn't she gorgeous! I can think of about ten more places I would like to use it, but for now her home is as our new end table. We are now considering painting the other table in this color too.

Our living room is no where near done yet but it is so much closer to what we want.


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful living room! Love how you've made old furniture 'new'!

    ReplyDelete