September 17, 2013

Ways my husband is amazing

As of Wednesday, September 18 I am 37 weeks pregnant!! On one hand that sounds amazing, and seems like it has flown by. On the other hand it feels like I have been pregnant forever, which I'm sure is what most pregnant women feel like :) It has been an amazing pregnancy so I really have no room to complain. I had hardly any morning sickness and no headaches, just the occasional mood swing, and bouts of tiredness and restlessness. Nothing too horrible. I am finding that now that I am further along though, that I am hot all the time! Which is so unlike me. I used to be the person constantly wearing a sweater. Like a 70 year old. Now I am constantly fanning myself and overheating.  I have even had to warm my husband up which is so unusual we have to laugh about it. He was always the "heater" of the relationship. Guess that just proves this is definitely a Grow boy in my belly! Just the other night Evan was pulling extra blankets on himself and trying to cuddle up next to me for warmth, while I am kicking my legs out of blankets and sweating. Whoda thunk it?

As I am nearing the end of my pregnancy I still feel really great. I have been doing the usual nesting and my fair share of worrying, but other than that its been a really fun experience. I love feeling his kicks, knee swipes and hiccups, and I love that Evan and I can just sit and watch my belly moving all over the place. Even with all these little pieces of proof, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that we are having a baby! A real live adorable baby boy that we can snuggle and kiss to our hearts content! I don't think it will really sink in until I can look into his face and see him with my own eyes.

One thing I have really enjoyed is seeing the excitement on Evans face. Seeing how much he already loves his son is enough to melt my little heart every time. The way his face lights up when he sees my belly move, or the sweet way he kisses my belly before he leaves each morning has been so special. I have come to love my husband even more over these last few months, which seems impossible! I wanted to write this post just to mention all the sweet and funny things he has done for me lately that I never expected:

  • Whenever I jump out of bed in the middle of the night saying "Oww, oww, oww" His first response is to sit up and lean towards me saying "which leg is it honey?"  - I love that. I love that I don't even have to explain what's hurting he just knows. This happened the first time I had a major Charlie horse so he didn't even have experience on his side lol After the pain subsided and I crawled back into bed he so kindly rubbed my sore calf until he fell back asleep.

  • With this pregnancy I have had my fair share of hormonal mood swings. Like full on waterworks for no apparent reason. The first time this happened I tried to remove myself to another room so I wouldn't cause too much of a scene. I laid on our guest bed and cried my eyes out, again for no good reason at all. After a few minutes Evan came in the room and without saying a word started rubbing my feet. Naturally this made me cry all the harder, but I was so touched that he was sympathetic to my craziness.

  • Just last night I had an episode of an overworked brain that turned into crying. Something I didn't do much before being pregnant. (the crying part, my brain being overworked has long been a bad habit of mine) He just got up from the bed and got me some fresh ice water, along with a handful of Hershey kisses and laid his head gently on my belly until I stopped crying. Now is that a trooper or what?!

He has put up with boring childbirth classes, swollen feet, shin splints, me being too tired to make dinner, frantic nesting, my indecisiveness with almost anything being purchased for baby, anxieties, forgetfulness, self consciousness, my chronic over thinking and more. And he still loves me!!  How in the world did I get so lucky?!! After all that we have been through over these last nine months, I am more excited than ever to see Evan become a father. I am so grateful that my body has been able to make him a daddy. Hurry up baby boy, we cant wait to meet you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment