December 6, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Now I know I promised to share more party pics, but with our old computer finally taking its last breath, it took with it all of our old pictures. Bummer. So instead Ill show you the wonderful Thanksgiving we had this year. My in-laws were so kind to have it at there house again this year and as usually my MIL did an amazing job.


She even set a up a cute kids table which included a toy dinosaur for the boys.


 Everyone in the family was assigned something to bring, which makes it so much easier on everyone involved. That way it isnt only one person trying to cook everything and everyone gets a chance to make there favorites. Everyone helped out in the kitchen too, even the guys. My FIL and his brother were assigned the gravy.


Apparantly it takes big muscles to make gravy, who knew? As usual the meal was absolutely delicious. We had turkey and a ham, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls, stuffing, salad and of course mashed potatoes and gravy.


There is something so special about having Thanksgiving with a big family. I didnt have it much growing up so its still a bit new to me. But I love it!


Usually on Thanksgiving my poor stomach just cant hold all the yummy food I want to eat, so this year I went in with a strategy.  I decided to leave out the roll, which takes up so much precious space (and leave that for yummy turkey sandwhich leftovers), then you leave room for all the real important stuff like the sweet potatoes ;)


I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with there families too!

No comments:

Post a Comment